Friday, August 26, 2011

Inspiration all around, and how much I love working with copper.

I've been working every day on new jewelry and photography for my Etsy shop, and some days are better than others.  One day, I will have a complete epiphany and I can't create fast enough, and the next day it might take me several hours just to finish a set of ear wires.  It's artist's block, and I am learning to appreciate the patterns as much as the processes.  But it's not an easy thing to learn.

I am a very impatient person. ;)  This is impatience with myself, more than anything else - but as anyone else who has similar issues knows, this can really sidetrack projects!

Our cabin has a deck that wraps completely around the house, and the light will change drastically hour by hour - this makes photography quite an interesting challenge.  We also live in the midst of an old growth redwood forest, and so light is filtered which makes for interesting exposure challenges!  I love it, though.  Each gaze, each turn of the head can bring inspiration, and this is the joy I want to feel my entire life.

I'm learning much more these days about copper.  Don't know if it's the earthiness of the metal, but I think it has to do with the brilliant colors within - it brings such joy!  Here is what I've been working on recently:







What have you been working on recently, and what's been inspiring you? :)


2 comments:

  1. Copper is a very healing mineral. That's why I LOVE working with it. And impatient, honey, I am the queen. I have zero advice for you in that area. =) I just love your earrings. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you completely, Izzy (about healing minerals)! As for impatience, I'm sorry it's not just me but glad I can 'commiserate'. ;)

    Thanks for your comments! I'm working up to my first giveaway! :)

    Your friend and fan,
    Juliette

    ReplyDelete